Saturday, June 21, 2008

Solaris 10 - Booting Problems - Unexpected Trap

If Solaris 10 is booted in xVM edition and then rebooted in Developer edition, you may end in 'unexpected trap press any key to reboot' and it never reboots in either of xVM or Developer edition. I found on 'google' that it is bug in Solaris 10 but not in Solaris 8 or 9. It may happen when there is power failure, if Solaris is in xVM. I found solution, of course from google and it worked for me.

This is because of data corruption on ramdisk, so you need to get a new one.

Boot into Failsafe Mode...

Then mounting the drive read/write as /a

1. cd /a/platform/i86pc
2. mv boot_archive boot_archive_bad
3. cd /
4. bootadm update-archive -R /a
5. shutdown -i 6

Many thanks to unknown friends and data on web, so that I was able to do my work.


@kova

No comments: